The beautifully renovated Ocean View Hotel, located opposite Palisades Park, is less than a ten minute walk from Santa Monica Pier and the 3rd Street Promenade. The 67 rooms offer mini fridges, and/or balconies with Pacific Ocean or interior courtyard views. Ocean View features energy & water efficiency upgrades, and green rated office, janitorial, and cleaning supplies.
Energy and Water Conservation
- LED lighting and 47 occupancy sensors installed.
- Installed a high efficiency device on each of the 67 showerheads to reduce the flow rate to meet the certification criteria.
- In room climate control reduces energy costs by 35-45%.
- Drought-resistant plants used in landscaping
- 83% (5 of 6) daily use Waxie Green cleaners are green certified by ECOLOGO .
- Disinfectants are peroxide-based and EPA List N rated to kill the Coronavirus/SARS when used according to the label directions.
- Eliminated procurement of virgin paper products - committed to sourcing paper products (office and janitorial) containing post-consumer recycled content and/or sustainably forested.
- Offer public transportation and carpool credit incentives for employees.
- Staff break room features a zero waste station (trash, recycling, compost).
- Replaced plastic disposable utensils with ocean friendly wood utensils.
- Dyson hand dryer in public restroom minimizes the use of paper towels.
- Partner with Standard Textile™, a company that uses eco-friendly sourcing for bedding material and recycles spent bedding.
- Rooms include refillable toiletries; shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
- Supports local nonprofit, Heal the Bay, by selling fundraising merchandise made from recycled plastic recovered from beach clean ups.